Monday, June 29, 2009

NIGEL GORE - Architectural Visualisation

Hi Tessa,

My name is Nigel and I'm attempting to create a 3D representation of a ‘show-home’ interior concept from a proposed building development.

I am concentrating my efforts to fully complete one room within the building. The emphasis of my project will be on realistic, high quality images. I intend to manipulate the lighting in order to show how the same scene can be represented in different ways:
1. Daylight only
2. Daylight & Interior lighting
3. Interior lighting only (night scene)

I am planning to produce a 40 second track / pan animation.
Now that I am into the production stage of my project, it has become clear that I will have to reduce the length of the animated sequence or find an alternative way to present my work. This is due to the extremely high render times that I am currently experiencing to produce each frame.

I'm hoping that you will be able to give me some advice on the lighting that I have created so far as well as the most effective working method for me to adopt from this stage forward.

I've attached the animatic plus some images for you to assess...
I look forward to your response.

Cheers,

Nigel


ANIMATIC:




INITIAL LIGHT SET UP:

GLOBAL ILLUMINATION TESTS:
COLOUR PASS:

OCCLUSION PASS:

COLOUR PLUS OCCLUSION PASSES:

This is where I'm at right now. My next step will be to start to get the interior lights set up.
I am aware that the saturation needs to be adjusted on the pictures on the walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment