Friday, June 26, 2009

Holly's Pin-Up Project




Hi Tessa,

Just been reading your replies to Lies and Jamie - I'm totally clueless when it comes to lighting so I found them really helpful and they were easy to follow.

My project is a modeling a texturing project - I'm doing a 1950s pin-up and so am trying as much as possible to evoke that 50s feel (have taken lots of inspiration from Gil Elvgren). The top image is the design which I am working towards.

In regards to lighting I am torn between the style of Elvgren's paintings(images in the middle Stepping-Out and Bird's Eye View) and the style of the Candy Man video with Christina Aguilera (bottom images) . The things I like about Elvgren's paintings are the colours which to me seem saturated and matte - and the contours of the women which are usually darker than the rest of their bodies- I like the way her stockings look too (I would like to get a result like this for my model).

I like the style in candy man as I think it looks very bright and happy, which I think would suit my model and her bold colour sheme (red,white and blue).

It would be great to get your opinion on which style to aim for and how to achieve it (if it's possible?)

As for props and background I quite like the 'flat' look that they have in the design (not sure if I'm keeping the suitcases in the design) and I like the painterly feel of the sky

Hope I've explained myself okay, if you have any other suggestions for lighting styles then please let me know

Thank you and thanks for mentoring us

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment