Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hi Tessa

I'm Yoli from MA3D. My project is a short narrative animation about ongoing conflict between brothers stuck in the same body (a two-headed character with two completely different temperaments).



I wanted to take an unusual approach to design and so researched the simple shapes and rich textures of 1950s cartoons. However, I'm unsure how to make the most of my simplistic setup (just the characters, an armchair and an abstract wallpaper shape) with lighting.



My plan is to create a straightforward three point light rig (your notes on Lies' project were really useful thankyou) as well as an ambient occlusion pass and potentially an incidence pass to act as an additional rim light.

It's also worth mentioning that I intend to tone down the background and armchair textures in comp as I'm concerned the scene may have become visually overcrowded (see below).

If there's any advice you could give me I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Yoli

No comments:

Post a Comment