Thursday, June 25, 2009

Kishore's project

Hi Tessa,

I am Kishore from MA3D. My master's project is architecture based lighting reel. I had a bit of arch viz experience prior to this course, and I want to capitalize on my strengths and interest in lighting.


The idea basically is multiple shot sequence of a minimalist glass house set in the midst of a lush green forest. As the
camera pans across the scene there will be a variation of seasons from spring to autumn to winter. My idea is to show how architecture blends with nature and its changes.

Lighting style I am looking at is basically painterly. I am not looking in creating a photo real lighting environment but an emotional believable lighting which pulls in the audience into viewing it.

Here is the mood board for animatic which I did earlier. However I am improving on it as I really have to nail down my colour palette to finalize my lighting scheme.
Infact the lighting style I am looking at is similar to the ones posted below which has strong directional lights but subtle soft shadows and a painterly feel.

I am actually researching more on colour palettes and how I can use them to bring in an immersive mood.

Right now, I finished texturing of my house and a bit of environment. These are some shots of the scene at the present stage. I however didnot add trees in this test. And the lighting was just to see the textures ( used XSI physical sun).
Forgot to mention this earlier the vegetation would be mostly of grass and trees which looks similar to the one in this image
So I am basically looking at developing a developing the colour palette right now and do some tests to achieve it. I believe its a great challenge for me, as this project not only has to do with lighting, But also a lot of compositing. I have to render the vegetation, house and other elements in various passes to have flexibility at latter stages to composite.

Any suggestions on how to tackle this will be of great help for me.

Thanks again.

Kishore


No comments:

Post a Comment