Sunday, July 26, 2009

NIGEL GORE - Architectural Visualisation

Hi Tessa,

Thanks again for all of your input!

I like the feel that you created by amending the image that I posted.
This is the type of effect I'm hoping to achieve in my compositing stage.
What filters / effects have you used here?

Initially, I didn't want to bog you down with a full series of photographic examples that I had been using as reference. However, here are two from 2 similar houses by the same architect:


As you can see, the interior areas appear to be much darker than you would imagine, even though the windows are huge and it is broad daylight. I believe that interior lighting would have helped both of these photographs. Also, you can see a few reflections of the room in the glass - especially against the darker, outdoor furniture.

I'm aware that with more time I could further enhance the visual stimulation of the XSI scene. (adding more 'pizzazz' as you say). However, I have just 4 weeks to get everything rendered and composited. Therefore, I am feeling pretty stressed to say the least.

I am now at a critical stage of my pipeline, where I think I simply have to 'draw the line' and move on to getting my scene rendered out.

I added the interior lights in order to allow me to move on to rendering out the separate passes and then controlling their intensity in 'post'.

Yes, I've been trying to establish if rendering the reflections separately would save any time... The general consensus seems to be 'no' - it will only give me more control in post.

Also, I tried to reduce the reflection depth down to 1 but it meant that the glass panels by the pool were not rendering at all (they appeared solid black):

Do you know of any trickery that could overcome this problem?


Ha ha, yes, since my last post I have experimented with the 'glows' and come to the same conclusion - I have successfully set up a separate pass just containing small white disks. I am confident this will give me the control I need.

I intend to bake the textures early this week and get on with setting up the various render passes asap. I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers,

Nigel

No comments:

Post a Comment