Saturday, July 11, 2009

Deli Team Update

Hi Tessa,

I thought I would post an update regarding the current progress of the project. The lighting stage of this project is yet to begin - however within these test renders you will see we've set up a basic light rig to simply view the shop thus far. The rig consists of a sun source (infinite light) a basic bounce light (infinite light) and 3 point lights to illuminate the areas nearest to the windows.





Thanks for the advice regarding the FG - as you can see here I've simply rendered out two passes for now - a beauty pass and an AO pass and I think they look reasonably good so far. As you have suggested we do plan to render out a number of passes and fully composite the whole thing for greater control.








At first we were worried that having a particularly red shop would make the sauce splatters less noticable within the scene and so i rendered out a pass with the floor green, however, personally I think the red floor works better giving the whole scene a warmer feel - something we wish to convey. As you may also notice within the renders the far wall appears to be significantly brighter than it should be and I'm not totally sure why this is - however would using an inclusive negative light be sufficient to simply 'take-out' light from the wall? Or should I address the issue more directly i.e. work out why this is happening?

Also within the 'red' render I've put two of our characters in to see how well they fit - what do you think?

I've also been advised that using textures such as the one on the floor may be a little too distracting within the film - what do you think? Should I simplify it to something more plain?

Any advice on the aesthetic would be appreciated - texturing, lighting or colour....

Thanks for your time, it's greatly appreciated.

Gareth

No comments:

Post a Comment