Saturday, July 25, 2009

Holly -- Pin-up Project


Hi Tessa

Just wanted to say thank you for your previous reply to me, and sorry it's taken me so long to get another post to you, I have been keeping the things you advised in mind when designing and creating my piece, really like the idea of cut-off props, am still playing around with the composition of the props.

Right then I've finally gotten around to the lighting stage. I'm struggling abit with Subsurface scattering - I need to do some fine tuning on it, so it doesn't look quite like a barbie doll -

I'm not sure if I've got the hang of the lighting yet - I do I like the colours that are being produced, have tried adjusting the hues and saturation in photoshop and think this works well, I like the way the clothes are looking, just not the skin(I am considering doing a grain or noise pass when rendering, if there is such a thing, to help get the texture of the skin like Elvgren's).

At the moment I am using 3 spotlights, (really low, 3 and 4) and have put one infinite to light the model's side which is facing the wall. I put one spot light from above to highlight up the fingers of the saluting hand, as I think this is a nice delicate area (although I don;t think I've quite captured the right pose for the fingers yet)

I intend to use a matte painting for the sky background, so there won;t be any shadows falling on the backgrid that I've put in.

Also I've have decided to have an animated camera (time permitting), the pictures attached show what camera angles I am looking at, I would like to move the camera to close up on the face from the full-body shots and maybe pan around the face.

You mentioned in your previous reply to me that the shadows in Elvgren's paintings are quite warm - would you suggest the I do separate render passes for the RGB shadow passes, if this is possible?

Anyway hope that my images are clear and I look forward to any advice you can offer me

Thank you

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment