Monday, July 20, 2009

NIGEL GORE - Architectural Visualisation

Hi Tessa,

Thank you for your feedback...

I've spent the last week or so experimenting with rendering options and also the interior lighting.

The long rendering times appear to be solely due to the raytracing on the large glass areas of the patio windows. Once they are disabled, the render time drops dramatically - Even with FG /GI on.

I'm now looking into rendering out the glass reflections as a seperate pass. Do you think that this pass will take just as long to render as when it was combined to the rest of the scene?

I hadn't baked any of my textures yet because I was still testing but this is probably my next step.

Meanwhile, I've come across another lighting problem... The 'glow' of the interior spotlights.
Within xsi the glow function only seems to render if a large surface area of the 'glowing' object is visible to the camera. Therefore, it has not been possible for me to achieve the type of look I'm going for. Also, once the glow was added, the main spotlight lights only rendered out occasionally - even though they were 'on' all the time. After spending a couple of frustrating days trying to get better reults, I'm now thinking that adding this in 'post' might be the best way to proceed with the glowing effect. What would you suggest.

Before: All spotlights working

During: Glowing objects - not glowing in places - Spotlights temperamental


After: Spotlights & glows never work well in conjuntion with each other


Look forward to your response.

Cheers,

Nigel

No comments:

Post a Comment