Monday, August 3, 2009

Lies - Victorian woman project

Hi Tessa,

It's been a while since I've posted a summary of my project and now I'm finally at the stage of lighting the scene.

It's been quite tricky but reading your blog posts turned out to be really helpful.
I've done some basic lighting and used Nuke to see what I could do in XSI and what in Nuke. (some parts, like the sleeves, are not shaded yet)

I'm still not sure how to do the lantern light. In the images below, I've added a volumerays node in Nuke, but the top of the lantern disappears then.

I'm also not happy with the lantern. It feels like the bottom of the lantern is pasted on the ground.

Another thing that I'm afraid of is that the final image will look too "Gothic". I'd like to give it more of an innocent and warm feel while keeping the contrast of light/dark in the image.

The first image is a darker image. I increased the gamma in the second image. The second image is of course clearer, but I feel you lose some of the "mood" in there.

The final hand-in is not going to be an image, but different parts of the model with slight camera movements.


Any advice on the lighting part, or any part is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Lies

No comments:

Post a Comment