Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Holly - Model and Set


Hi Tessa,

Have posted you a previous post to see if it opens, it does, so I will continue on from there.

Forgot to mention that I have put a simple blue background in the comp, but I don't intend to use this one, I will take reference from your first suggestion of how to paint the background so as not to lose the shape of the model, and also to put a horizon line in

I wanted to say thank you for all your advice on compostion. I still think this needs abit of work, but I think it's getting there. Have tried to tighten in the frame, she probably still looks too central. I'm hoping that the life ring and the suitcase weight her like a triangle. I really like the way her legs cut into the life ring, have taken inspiration from Elvgren on this one, my only concern is that she is not separate enough, colourwise, from the life ring and hence looks like she and the life ring are the same mass.

I have also tried to light the life ring by taking inspiration from Elvgren's painting, by using a strong rim light on it. Do you think this is working with the lighting on the model? I realise that the life ring is looking abit dark from the front, however I'm not sure how to light the life ring from the front without taking away the effect of the rim light.



I have lit the set and model separately:


You advised me against lighting set-ups for an animated camera, however I would really like to track the camera up close to the model's face (please see first image of the lead up to the close up of the face) - I don't intend to rotate around the model - does this sound simple enough?

I really like the lighting set-up that you advised me and I feel that the warm lights have really added a cheerful feel to the model, however I feel as though the face needs to be lit better, but because she is facing away I am struggling to get the flow of light which is traveling up her front to reach the whole of her face. I tried lighting the face from front on, but this seemed to take away the nice shading which is on the side of the sweater.

Do you think that the eyes look better - one still has two highlights, will work on this. I tried to add SSS to the eye, but I just couldn't get a singular strong highlight, and it looked like it was glowing, so I gave up on that one and just used a sphere a transparent sphere as the cornea. I still think these are a bit too white, but will keep adding to them.

You probably don't need this but I thought I would include images of the separate lights I have used for my model. Have just realised that I have no rim light, sorry I thought I did


Finally you mentioned previously that the skirt's shadows need to be more blurred, not too sure how to do this, should I blur them in comp?

Looking forward to your response - really love the way the lighting is bringing my model to life

Many Thanks

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment